- This event has passed.
FGB: Introduction to Microbiological Monitoring in Rodent Facilities
17th November 2022 @ 09:00 - 17:00 CET€130
The course is designed to provide the participants with key concepts of the microbiological monitoring of laboratory rodents and their environment.
The program includes an overview on traditional and emerging pathogenic agents, the description of different screening techniques for animals and biologicals. In addition, the necessary assessments in relation to the factors that influence the approach of the screening plan, from the housing system in use to the identification of the microbiological unit will be discussed.
An open session will provide opportunities to discuss the practical challenges related to the management of a microbiological monitoring program.
At the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Understand the importance of a health monitoring program for laboratory rodents
- Describe traditional and emerging agents
- Describe the main concepts of FELASA guidelines
- Compare traditional methods to new approaches for screening the animals
- Identify the main advantages and disadvantages of different systems
- Compare traditional methods to new approaches for screening the biologicals
- Understand the impact of housing system on traditional microbiological monitoring
- Understand the application of environmental microbiological monitoring in Individually Ventilated Cages (IVCs)