- This event has passed.
FGB: What Should You Know About Your Rodent Facility?
September 28 - September 29€190
This two-day on-line course is designed to provide the key aspects for the management of a modern laboratory rodent facility, with a particular focus on IVC systems. Layout & functional areas, bio-containment & bio-exclusion, washing & decontamination, health monitoring concepts will be described with particular attention to new technological developments, scientific needs of research and management concepts. Theoretical and practical examples will be used to enhance the participants’ knowledge.
The course participants should be able to:
- Describe the functional areas of an animal facility and the main workflows (animals, personnel and equipment)
- Describe the concepts of bio-containment, bio-exclusion, primary and secondary barriers
- Understand and compare different housing systems (from open cage to IVC)
- Understand and compare advantages and disadvantages of different cage change procedures
- Understand the importance of a health monitoring program
- Understand the concepts of the washing and decontamination processes
- Understand the concepts of the autoclaving process