Leader of Preclinical Research
German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)
Application deadline: 5 December 2023
The DKFZ is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany, with more than 3000 employees. We are seeking an experienced leader to head the entire Center for Preclinical Research (ZPF), the central support service providing animal care and research services to more than 100 research groups. The position combines two levels of responsibility: to direct the husbandry team along with 5 clinical veterinarians and over 50 animal caretakers; and to set strategic direction for three service units providing diagnostics, production of GM mice, and management of preclinical and translational tumour animal models.
- ECLAM Diploma or other laboratory animal specialisation
- long-term experience in management of lab animal facilities
- theoretical and practical knowledge of rodent management
- thorough understanding of regulatory requirements
- business management skills
- social, leadership, and communication skills
- very good knowledge of German and English (written and spoken)
To apply, submit a CV, list of publications, overview of external funding, and 2-3 page synopsis of scientific career achievements, with particular emphasis on laboratory animal expertise.
Read more and apply